For maximum trustlessness, the users will be responsible for the sanctity of their private keys. These keys will not be stored by the Hoard team. Users will be instructed to make backups of their keys and recovery phrases using the Hoard app.
For users who opt-in to our emergency backup service, Hoard will store user-encrypted representations of their recovery phrases in tamper-proof physical representations. The retrieval of the recovery phrases is intended for use solely in emergencies and will require a combination of identity verification, multi-factor authentication, time delays, fees, physical presence and other severe security measures.
That said, our support staff is fully dedicated to getting Hoard users back online with their funds as soon as possible.
If you lose your seed words but have access to your wallet, you can recover your seed words by completing the following steps:
1. First, click the menu icon shown here:
2. You will then click the Settings link:
3. You will have the option to view your seed words as highlighted in the following:
4. Please be sure you have your pin ready so you can enter it in the following screen:
5. Once you have entered your pin, you will be able to view your seed words 6 at a time, so be sure to write them down and store them someplace safe!